Thursday, January 6, 2011

Save the Drama for Your Mama

I have an announcement: I'm officially a mommy. New Year's Eve got a little out of control and ya know one thing leads to another and ut oh....

PSYCHE!

I got my first baby yesterday, a Louis Vuitton. I can't even tell you how long I have wanted one but I saved up some ca$h, got help from my family, and BOOM here he is :-) Of course the one I wanted was sold out at the LV store, but Neiman Marcus had ONE left! The women in the store were talking about "my first Louis" literally like it was my first child, silly but true. For something so simple, going to a store and buying a handbag, it generated a lot of thoughts yesterday...

1) I'm walking around the mall thinking, "Am I really going to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on a handbag?" I was thinking about how many other things I could be buying or places I could be traveling to and yet, all I wanted was this bag.

2) Then my thoughts went to, "Well, I shouldn't feel so terrible about it." Why? Because this bag is sold out everywhere, including online, so apparently I'm not the only one who thinks it is worth the moolahh. Yes, it's insane, but at the same time it's not at all. I'll admit that I did have to call my mom and talk about it because "I just can't spend this much money and not tell someone about it."

3) Ok so the bag is bought and I send Lauren a picture of it nicely packaged up in the famous LV brown bag (with a bow, of course). She first responded "Congrats on your new baby!" and followed it up with "I better get to see little Louis tonight." Ever since then I can't help but personify the bag.


4) I got home from the mall, opened it up, and transferred my stuff from my old bag into Little Louis. All I could think about was how I wanted to take Little Louis everywhere! It was a surge of energy and since I've been so ridiculously lazy at home I feel like Louis is helping snap me out of it. I kept thinking of the scene in 13 Going on 30 when the little girl in the elevator admires Jennifer Garner's dress and JG responds, "that's cause I've got these incredible boobs to fill it out!" In my case, I keep thinking, "I wanna go here and here and do this and that" why? CAUSE I'VE GOT THIS INCREDIBLE BAG TO TAKE WITH ME!

Check out the 1:00 mark

Little Louis was 100% my motivation for going to the gym yesterday too - "Little Louis needs a skinny arm to rest on, obvs!" (Anything in quotes are things that I thought yesterday or even said out loud)....."Little Louis, this is the car and this is the passenger seat that you will spend a lot of time resting on" ... "Little Louis, this is the Lifetime gym, where I'll work on looking good for you" ... "Little Louis, meet Lauren's Louis" ... and finally, "Little Louis, no food or drinks for you at Nonna's tonight"

HAHAH. Yes, I'm a whack-a-doo, but the funniest part is that I'm not alone in this. Between the women at the store, Lauren, and even my mom we are all talking about this bag as if it really is my new baby.

As superficial as it is, it's still an exciting purchase. I genuinely feel like it's a motivator to get out there and do things in life because it's just not as fun walking around the house with it on my arm as it is out and about. It also represents a life out there that I want one day. I know I have to work hard and make something of myself since I want Little Louis to have a brother! As long as you keep your feet on the ground and your nose out of the air, I don't think there's anything wrong with a material purchase giving you happiness or motivation or whatever it is in your life that you need.

 Little Louis and I have some errands to run today so off we go!

1 comment:

  1. congrats on the new addition to your family!! lol!!

    ReplyDelete