Wednesday, May 25, 2011

DJ CFabb: Go Topless for Em Dee Dubbs!

Last week Allie and I were having a conversation about MDW.

Allie: "blah blah em dee dubbs blah blah"
Me: "Yeah so em dee dubbs blah blah"
Allie: "I'll be down the shore blah blah em dee dubbs blah blah"
Me: "I'm so excited blah blah em dee dubbs blah I think it's a Jersey holiday"

Upon saying "I think it's a Jersey holiday," I turned to Meghan for confirmation (since she was listening to the entire conversation and is not from NJ).

Meghan: "Uh well wha...I mean are you...hold on, are you talking about Memorial Day Weekend?"
Me: "My point exactly."
Allie: "Omigosh, totally going dts for em dee dubbs!"

I have no idea why New Jersey is so infatuated with Memorial Day Weekend but we are. Maybe it's because it is the first weekend of summer that we all head to our beloved Jersey shore or because we have Monday off but honestly, it usually ends up raining. Since the forecast is predicting rain, I'm not sure if I'll make it dts to help further understand our obsession, however, I did experience a different first of the summer today. I put the top down on my convertible for the first time in long time and was immediately disappointed in my lack of a "2011 Top Down Playlist." Obviously, this needs to be fixed ASAP....especially if I do end up fist pumping my way dts ("down the shore", for those of you who don't know the lingo) for em dee dubbs with the top down :-)

The "top down playlist" aka "I feel like going topless today playlist" is a combination of easy, breezy, summer driving songs to full on dance party music and a few obscure songs that not a lot of people know (to show off the indie girl in me). The key to the playlist is choosing songs that you won't be embarrassed to be listening to when you stop at a red light and everyone around you can hear the song you're blasting. It's a very calculated playlist and is crucial to successfully pulling off a top down ride in the car. Hopefully I get it right...

Easy, breezy, summer songs (which to me, usually means country):

"I Won't Let Go" - Rascal Flatts


"Just A Kiss" - Lady Antebellum


"The Rock and the Tide" - Joshua Radin


 Full on dance party:

"Show Me in the Deep" by Adele vs. Robin S


"Dirty Dancer" by Enrique Iglesias ft. Lil Wayne and Usher


"Til Death" by Wynter Gordon (L.A.M!)


"Love is a Suicide" by Natalia Kills


Obscure but still well-known enough (or getting there) to show off your good taste:

"Lights" - Ellie Goulding (I'll probably keep this on repeat...OBSESSED x1000)


"No Surprise" - James Yuill


"Home" - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros


So no matter what you're doing for Memorial Day Weekend, "em dee dubbs", or MDW, go topless and keep it fresh in the car with fantastic tunes! Happy summer and if you ain't in the Dirty to celebrate...well then let me just say that I'm truly sorry for you ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment