Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" - our 43rd President, George W. Bush

The other night I was pacing between my room and Allie's room where she and Maggie were doing homework watching YouTube videos and chatting on Facebook. I finally decided to go to bed because I had literally exhausted every option of things to look at online. I had read all of my blogs, watched some YouTube clips, and checked Facebook so excessively that there was not one single "Most Recent" update on my homepage that I hadn't just looked at thirty seconds before. Never mind all of the work that I had to do because it is safe to say that I have a strong case of senioritis complicated by severe procrastination syndrome.

Without YouTube, young people would be getting stuff done left and right but nope, we get sucked into watching hours of funny videos about talking cats and Dane Cook skits. One video that I was actually shown in class but proceeded to watch at home and then again with all of my roommates was one about politics. GASP! Not real politics but a mockery of politics. Phew! I am no politician...we know this already. I don't ever want to debate about politics or ever get into a conversation lasting more than 10 minutes about a particular issue. (Just sayin', so don't even try). However, when something strikes me, I want to share it with you. I once posted a clip of my man Bill Clinton explaining in terms that even Sassarella could comprehend what is going on in the economy. This video I'm about to share is one that pokes fun at the war in Iraq and Iran. It is from 2007 but is still pretty interesting to watch. I'm not usually a Mad TV fan, I'm more of an SNL girl, but when they get it right, they get it right. I'll let the video speak for itself.


"I will help the process along by throwing the rest of our $ at the iRack"

What's funny about me is that when Coach Exxon briefly brought up politics, I could easily answer those questions but my favorite color...now that's a tough one! It seems to be a consensus around here that Tuesday is the worst day of the week, and if you factor in the game of brick throwing the construction workers are playing outside our house in our living room, I'd have to agree. Let me and the iRan help a little bit. Peace, biddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment