Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hansel: "IN the computer ...... it's so simple" ~ Zoolander

I have to start this post with a special thank you to the Florham Park Police Department. Last night, I thought I lost my dog, Luc, forever. From about 10:30pm to 2am, Luc was wandering the streets and woods of my town. My parents and I searched all over our neighborhood for hours before calling it quits. We came inside, questioned how we could ever fall asleep knowing he was out there, and then my parents decided to go look around some more (I stayed home in case the police or a neighbor called to say they found him). While my parents were out, a wonderful police officer called to say he had a special delivery. There was Luc, in the back of his car, wrapped in his jacket. My family was shocked that the police were actively out and about looking for him but I cannot express how grateful we are.
Somehow Luc had crossed Columbia Turnpike and was wandering around on Fernwood by Lifetime. Anyone who knows where I live and how incredibly lucky Luc is that he didn't get run over by a car should be in shock right now. The officer said he saw something white, got out of his car, and said, "Luc?" and my Luc turned around like "Yup! That's me! Take me homeeee!" Thank you, FP PD!

- ANYWAY -

I've been writing this blog for a little over a month now and I'm excited because I'm starting to get the hang of it. What's even more exciting is the positive feedback that I'm getting from my friends and family. I love getting your texts, emails, and comments on facebook, they absolutely make my day. I've even run into people in person who I never would've guessed read it, but you do, and you love it :-)

The purpose of this post, however, is to help you all help me. In a nutshell, there is a blogging world that by reading mine you are now part of. I'm here to encourage you to comment directly on my posts. There is a comment section at the bottom so if you have an immediate reaction, compliment, or question about a post just say it there. Funny remarks and contributions are particularly welcome. Obviously, don't leave me any hate comments (not that you would even have one because I'm just sooooo fabulous, dahling) but you know what I mean. You do not have to be a registered blogger user or anything like that. You can post comments anonymously or with your name, it does not matter. Now, do not misunderstand me, any time you want to give me feedback via any mode of communication don't hesitate because I absolutely love it!

Movie Videos & Movie Scenes at MOVIECLIPS.com
Also, if you read my blog regularly, please become a follower. On the right hand side of the page, you will see an icon that says "Follow". Again, you do not have to be a blogger or gmail user to be a follower but if I can get a lot of followers it will give me some street cred in the blogging world. You will see that as of this moment, I only have 7 loyal followers. However, considering on a daily basis my page gets anywhere from 20-45 views, I know more of you are reading about my experiences and thoughts. I don't know where this blog will take me in the future, but the more followers a blog has, the more attention it gets from outsiders who don't see the links posted on my facebook every other day. So puhhhlease, help a girl out.

Mmkay so I gotta run. I have to do ALL of my Christmas shopping today and by all I mean EVERYTHING. I have yet to buy a single gift for anyone. Wish me luck. I'm prepared to get feisty at the Sho Ho Mall if it is necessary. You know I could dish out a dirty look or two to anyone who tries to cut me in line (and this is what we call Christmas spirit?) Oh well, bring it on, Christmas.

1 comment: