Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekend Warrior: I'll Have a Vodka Martini with a Twist

"That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up" - Walt Disney

It's almost 70 degrees here in DC, it's the day of love, and I'm sick. Awesome. The fact that I have a paper due tomorrow, a few other annoying assignments due, and I'm in bed is a pretty big deal. For a person who never takes naps and I'm in bed, this is a pretty big deal. As a person who loves to run in DC and the sun in shining for the first time in weeks and I'm in bed.....now that's a pretty big deal. It's that all over body hurt, sore throat, head pounding kinda sick that makes you want to be on Grandma's couch, watching "The Price is Right", eating Rocky Road ice cream. Meh.

Anyway, the weekend aka the probable cause of this sickness, was amazingly fun.....with a twist. Friday night we obviously went to The Whale. I walk in to a fun greeting over the microphone from DJ Aubrey, "Hey Oscar, keep Christie over there....she's annoying!" So much love. Anyway, it was a standard night at the bar, followed up by a standard late night sesh at Rhino and I had a good time. Here comes the twist.....I woke up the next morning feeling a little over it. As you all know, recently nothing makes me happier than the Friday night routine but ehh I don't know....I'm le tired. I'm not saying I never want to go out again or get absurdly out of control but I think I'm growing up. I think I could be happy getting Whale Crazy once or twice a month instead of every Friday night. Goodness, what's happening to me?


Saturday was a regular Oak Knoll School of the Holy Child blast. Allie, Olga, Jackie, Weins, and I went to Clyde's for lunch and mimosas. It was so nice to have some girl time and at times I really felt like we were sitting in the senior center in Connelly Hall. Later that night we had some friends over our house to show Olga how we do it in Georgetown. It was a typical beer pong playing, Burnetts drinking night.....but better! The addition of Olga, Jackie, and Alana made all the difference in the whole wide world. If you've ever played kings, a card/drinking game, you know that when a person draws a Jack you make a new rule. Olga drew two Jacks and made two of the funniest rules I've ever played with. The first rule was that anytime you wanted to talk....you had to sing whatever it is that you wanted to say. The second rule was that before anything you say sing, you had to start by saying "weiner". To sum up, a room full of drunk kids, singing the word "weiner" before ever sentence.... "Weeeiiinnnerrrrr, it's your turn!" / "Weiinnneerrr, youu forgot to say weiner, take a driiiiiiink!"
Hiiiiiii-larious to say the least. The night ended with a dance party at Rhino....sooo college.


I would not have traded Saturday night for the world - it was the kind of night that I'm going to miss when I graduate but again, I woke up on Sunday feeling over it. Saturday night I didn't even dress up, I entertained friends and went down to the bar in sweatpants and sneakers. I'm tired ("so take a nap, zen fire ze missiles!") Since this is my first rodeo going through my 20's, I'm not sure how this is supposed to work. Is there a moment when it's just not as fun anymore? What is this? Or maybe, I'm just overwhelmed with school work, exhausted from playing g.d. man baseball, and if get my school work under control and happily settle in with possible guy #8....or #9....or whatever, will I go back to loving Whale Crazy nights?

I think that might be the case. The school work will be in control by Friday and whether its guy #8 or guy #250, whoever he is will give me the option to do something while doing nothing at all. Now, it's the kind of situation where I don't want to stay home on a weekend night but the only option is to go out and do the college drinking extravaganza thing....no wonder I'm sick and tired. I need someone to just hang out with so I don't end up like this every couple of weeks.

I could go on and on.........but I won't. I'm going to back to sleep and hopefully wake up feeling ready to get some work done. Enjoy your warm and sunny Valentine's Day, in fact, enjoy it enough for both of us!

2 comments:

  1. I just died laughing at the kings rules -- a) because olga WOULD come up with those on the spot and b) because you have a beautiful voice so i'm sure it was fun to play with you!!!!!!! wish i was there, miss you!!!! <3333

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha wish you were there too...it was hysterical! as for my voice, well it was a good thing everyone was drunk and everyone other than Allie had an equally horrible voice as i do! miss ya face girly girl

    ReplyDelete