Friday, February 11, 2011

Thirsty Thursday: Womp Womp

"It's not the men in your life that count, it's the life in your men!" ~ Mae West

Last night I met Lucky Lacking Life #7. I don't even know what he did, whether it was a bunt or little dribble to the pitcher but feh! it's not even worth the metaphor. He was a nice guy for sure but ya know when someone is talking and you're looking at him and you think you're listening but somewhere along the line you realize you have no idea what he just said even though you've been nodding and "uh huh-ing" throughout the whole story? I DO I DO! There was no oomph, no spark, no wow factor. The highlight / low point (yes, it was both) was running into Scott and Simon, two of the PSU regulars from Rhino. It was the highlight because I actually got excited, "AHHH wtf are YOU doing here?" but also the low point because all I wanted to do was ditch #7 and hang out with them! It emphasized how utterly bored I was with Mr. Womp Womp.

On a more positive note, I love Clarendon! It's a combination of Georgetown and Chatham, NJ in that small town way but with a lot of action. It reminds me a lot of Bethesda too. Anyway, we went to Whitlow's on Wilson, a casual sports bar with live music and a yuppy, young professionals crowd. Just two stops into Virginia from Rosslyn, this is going to be my new little escape from the Georgetown bubble. And let me tell you, it was raining men in there! I kept looking around at all of the other guys I wanted to be talking to instead of the kinda geeky and mellow #7. It was awkward at times too because for some reason most people around us were DRUNK, like really drunk, and men were hitting on me right in front of him! If that doesn't prove that there was no visible chemistry than I don't know what does! These guys either felt like they needed to save me from a boring stranger, were too drunk to notice him, or just simply didn't care. Either way, of course I was polite and ignored them but ughhhh I didn't want to ignore them! I got home to the house and told the girls that we have to go back, preferably for a big game of some kind.

I did, however, get this really cool mug that 
when I go back there, I get refills for $2! Love it.

It's amazing to me that two people can be on the same date and walk away from it feeling completely differently. After the first drink I knew I was done and no longer interested. When he ordered another round, I thought "Ok that's fine...either he still thinks he's interested and hasn't figured out as quickly as I have that we have no va va voom or he's being polite because he doesn't know that I've already figured it out". By the next round, I was sure we were going to call it a night but he kept going! I didn't get it. Everyone around us could see it was blahh but why couldn't he?! I pulled the plug on another drink by saying that I didn't want to be on the metro too late and that I had a busy day today. He walked me to the metro, rode it for one stop with me, and said a few times "I had a really great time with you and I'd like to see you again."  ....WHAT?@!*&%%$? I'm sorry but #7, were you on the same date as I was?! There's no way.

How do you let him down when he's done nothing wrong? At that point, I'd rather a guy do something rude or ridiculous so that I don't have to feel like a butt head rejecting him. Do you rip it off like a Band-Aid and just shoot it to him straight or do you pull the "I'm busy every day from now until forever" card? Being rejected sucks but it's just as miserable rejecting a good guy, especially when he thinks we had a great time! What to do what to do....

Oh man, no wonder there are entire television series, movies, and books based on the dating world! It's exhausting. First dates can either be the most exciting thing or a complete waste of time. I'm still an optimist though, hence why I keep going on these dates because eventually one of them is going to work out, right? I went to sleep last night and woke up this morning feeling defeated, thankfully, this a problem that can easily be solved with a little retail therapy and a Friday night at The Whale! I successfully used all but $4 of my Forever 21 gift cards that I got for Christmas and got a kick ass new jacket! Feeling better already. Happy Friday, dudes!

"Last Friday Night" by Katy Perry
Lovin' this song today....it sounds all too familiar :-)

1 comment:

  1. You are a wonderful Riot! Keep making my day!

    ReplyDelete